Do you have nothing to wear in a closet chaotic with clothes? No idea what to throw and what to keep?
Did you know that the Duchess of Cambridge is a fashion hoarder? This may come as something of a surprise given her reputation for thriftiness (yes, like normal people she REALLY does wear an outfit more than once) although in her case, “hoarding” is a deliberate strategy to avoid causing fashion stampedes when she turns up at a public engagement.
Your morning “getting ready” time is precious and having an uncluttered wardrobe is going to save you time as well as making getting dressed a stress free process.
January is the perfect time to clear out your closet, ready for a fresh start in 2018 Here’s my top tips for a successful wardrobe cleanse:
- Set aside a few hours – it’s best to get your wardrobe sorted in one go.
- Ask yourself does it still fit? Have I worn it in the last 12 months? If I saw it in a shop would I buy it again? Does it suit me?
- Picture whole outfits rather than just looking at the item by itself. Do you have anything else to wear with it? If not, will you get any use out of it?
- It’s great to have special occasion outfits but do you have too many of these and not many special occasions to wear them? It may be time to clear some of these items from your wardrobe.
- See how many similar items you have and try to cut this down if you can. It’s better to have variety than a wardrobe full of the same items of clothing.